Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 2. My School
· to revise the vocabulary and structures from the previous lessons
· to introduce new classroom instructions
· to sing a song demonstrating actions
· to develop Ps' listening skills
open, close, take, teacher, we
Good morning. Open your ... .
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, AB Audio, poster # 9, white sheets of paper.
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to sing a song along with you and do appropriate actions. They will be able to give instructions to their mates. They will be able to respond to their mates' instructions.
· Start the lesson saying, “Good morning!”. Address to some Ps using their names, “Good morning. Svitlanka!”. Explain what this phrase means. Encourage your Ps to repeat after you and say ”Good morning” to each other, using the names of their mates.
· Ask Ps to mime the actions you say. Use clap. stand up, sit down, draw, sing, listen, point, count.
· Say, ‘I am a teacher. Do what I say.” Ask two girls and two boys to come up and say the chant from the previous lesson using your Ps' names. Your Ps do what you say.
· Choose a P to become ‘a teacher'. Say, “Now you are a teacher.” Ask other two boys and two girls to come up. Say, “Do what the teacher says” pointing to a P who is ‘a teacher' now. He/She says the chant using his/her mates' names. Ps do the actions.
· Pick up a book and say, ‘Open the book' and open it. Then say, ‘Close the book' and close it.
· Repeat this a few times and get Ps to repeat and perform the actions until they feel confident.
· Repeat this procedure with the phrases ‘Take the bag', ‘Take a pencil case'. ‘Take a pen'.
· Then call out each action (stand up. take a book. open your book. close your book. sit down) and check Ps' responses.
· Stick poster #9 on the board and ask Ps to say who and what they see on it.
· Ask a few Ps to come up and point to ‘the teacher', Vic, Liz, Nick, Ben, table, chair and book on the poster.
· Tell your Ps that you are going to listen to the audio and look on the poster.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -2-Les_8-1) pointing to those on the poster who is speaking each time or to the pictures which depict the appropriate action.
Children: Good morning, teacher!
Teacher: Sit down.
Teacher: Open your books.
Teacher: Close your books. Goodbye.
· Play the audio again doing pauses for Ps to repeat.
MP. Unit 2. Songs and Rhymes 4
· Get Ps to watch the screen and listen to the song.
Open your books,
Close your books,
Keep moving. (twice)
Keep moving. (twice)
We are at school today!
We are at school today!
· Say each line of the song miming the actions. Make pauses and get Ps to repeat the lines with actions after you. Do it twice.
· Say the lines of the song miming actions together with your Ps twice.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -2-Les_8-3) and sing the song along.
· Play the audio again and ask your Ps to sing and mime the song.
AB p.21 t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 21. Draw their attention to the fact that each square has got a number.
· Explain to Ps that they are going to listen to the speaker who'll say the number and a command. Ps should draw an appropriate picture. Hold up your AB, play AB Audio (track Act.Book_Smiling Sam- U2- p 21_ taskl), make a pause and do the 1st picture yourself. Explain: if Ps hear ‘open' they should draw opened school thing, if they hear command ‘close …’ - they should draw a closed school thing. Explain that the ‘hand' depicts the command ‘take' and Ps should draw the appropriate thing on the hand to take.
· Continue to play the audio and make each pause long enough for your Ps to draw a picture.
1 Open the book. Open the book (Pause)
2 Close the bag. Close the bag. (Pause)
3 Take the pencil. Take the pencil. (Pause)
4 Open the pencil-case. Open the pencil-case. (Pause)
5 Take the pen. Take the pen. (Pause)
6 Close the book. Close the book. (Pause)
· Let Ps colour their pictures.
· Ask Ps to work in pairs. Ps point to their pictures and name the actions depicted on them. They take turns.
PB p.29 t.4, 5
· Get Ps to open their PBs on page 29. Draw their attention to the pictures in the circle order in task 4. Hold up the book and show Ps where there the start is and show the direction. Demonstrate how Ps should point and name the actions depicted.
· Ask volunteers to come with their PBs in front of the class, point to the pictures and say the commands.
· Ps play a game in pairs. P1 says the command. P2 does the action. They take turns after every three commands.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -2-Les_8-3) and remind the song of the lesson singing it along and showing the actions.
· Ask Ps to bring envelopes for the next lesson.