Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 3. Family and Friends
· to review the vocabulary of the unit
· to introduce Yes/No questions concerning people and answers to them
“Is this Bill?” - “Yes, he is. / No, he isn’t.”
PB, PB Audio, AB, MP, flashcards # 14 - 17 (characters); flashcards # 31- 37, 39-40, dices.
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to identify family members and children/friends asking and answering questions. They will be able to use family flashcards in games.
Play with a Family Dice.
· Ask Ps to play in pairs. They take turns throwing the dice. Every P looks on the top of it and says, “He/She is a ... (father/sister etc.)”
· Take a family dice and turn it so to demonstrate different family members in front of the class. Ask questions, e.g. “Is this a father?” Pretend you look attentively and say nodding your head positevely, “Yes, he is.” Ask two more questions to answer positively. Start making ‘mistakes'. Demonstrate, e.g. father asking, “Is this a grandfather?”. Answer, “No, he isn't.” Make two more ‘mistakes'.
· Stick poster # 14. Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_7-1) and point to each character who is asked about.
· Play the audio again making pauses after each question and each answer for Ps to repeat.
· Hold up flashcards with characters and family members asking questions in front of the class in order to get positive and negative answers from your Ps.
· Ask a group of 12-13 Ps to stand up. Arrange them in a circle and hand out the flashcards. Explain to them that they'll ask his/her partner who is next to him/ her (to the left) a question using a word you say. E.g. “Is this ... (You say ‘Ben') Ben?” The partner who stands to the left looks at his/her flashcard and answers positively or negatively. After the Ps in the circle have asked and answered their questions tell them to take their seats and ask other Ps (the rest of them) to arrange another circle and do the same task.
AB p.31 t.1
· Get Ps to open ABs and say they are going to have a talk in pairs. P1 pretends he/she is Smiling Sam. P2 pretends that he/she is Sam's friend who asks Sam questions pointing to the family members,“Is this your...?”. P1 answers positively, “Yes, he/she is” or negatively, “No, he/she isn't.” Explain to Ps that after a talk about a certain family member they should put a tick.
PB p.41 t.3
· Get Ps to change pairs and open PBs on page 41. Draw their attention to the icon in task 3 and say the instruction ‘Have a talk'. Explain to Ps that they should pretend to be Sam and Sam's friend. Sam's friend asks Sam questions about his friends pointing to the pictures of the characters. Sam answers.
Play a Guessing Game with Flashcards.
· Get your Ps to open AB on page 87 and cut out small flashcards of family members. Every P puts them into the ‘family' envelope.
· Have Ps to change their pairs for the third time. Say that they are going to play a guessing game. P1 pulls one card out of his/her envelope and keeps it hidden. P2 asks a question, ‘Is this a ...?' P 1 answers, “Yes, he/she is' or ‘No, he/she isn't.' There are three attempts for each card. Then Ps take turns. The winner is the P who has got more guesses.
Play a Team Game with Flashcards.
· Use your set of family member flashcards (# 31 - 37) on the board backwards so that the pictures are hidden.
· Put a set of corresponding small flashcards (from AB cut-outs) in a pile on your desk.
· Divide Ps into two teams. Explain to Ps that one member from each team comes to your desk at a time and picks a flashcard.
· Then he/she chooses one of the flashcards on the board by turning it over (without taking it off the board) to see if it is the same as the flashcard he/she is holding.
· If it's the same, then he/she must say what the flashcard depicts, “This is a ... “ and remove the flashcard from the board as well as its pair from the game.
· If the flashcard is different from the one he/she is holding, the P must show the flashcard that is stuck on the board to his/her team mate and return the other flashcard to the bottom of the pile on the desk.
· Every matching pair of flashcards earns a point for each team. The team to earn the most points when all the flashcards run out wins the game.
· Sing ‘Goodbye’ song along with your Ps.