Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 8. Story Time
Unit 3. Family and Friends
· to review the vocabulary and structures of Unit 3
· to introduce a new song
· to develop Ps' speaking skills
“How is ...?” - “He/She is fine.”
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, flashcards # 31-40, stick puppets of characters, envelopes with family members, mini-flashcards
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to have a talk about family members. They will be able to ask and answer questions about people on family photos. Ps will be able to sing a song along with mini-flashcards.
· Start the lesson with singing the ‘Family' song. Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_4-1).
· Put family flashcards on your desk in random. Choose a P to be a new teacher. Say, “You are a teacher. Take a flashcard, hold up and ask a question, ‘Who is this?’ “ Other Ps answer. Change ‘teachers' after every two questions.
· Hold up the flashcard with a grandfather and ask Ps, “Is this a father?”. Elicit Ps' answers, “No, he isn't. He is a grandfather.” Then demonstrating the flashcard with mother's image ask, “Is this a grandmother?”. Encourage Ps to answer, “No, she isn't. She is a mother.” Repeat twice.
· Take two stick puppets and perform a talk using different voices.
B: Hi! How is your grandmother?
A: She is fine.
B: How is your brother Tom?
A: He is fine. Thank you.
· Perform your talk again making pauses for Ps to repeat.
MP. Unit 3. Story
· Get Ps to watch the story twice.
AB p.32 t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 32 and number the pictures in the right order.
· Ask a few Ps to come in front of the class with his/ her AB and point to the pictures in the right order saying the numbers. If the number of the picture is right, ask the rest of the class to say “Yes, it is.” Or “No, it isn't' when it is not right.
PB p.42 t.1
· Get Ps to open their PBs and prepare to listen to an audio and point to the appropriate picture. Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_8-1).
· Play the audio again and make pauses encouraging Ps to repeat each phrase. Do it twice.
· Hold up flashcard # 9 (act out) and say that Ps are going to become actors. Divide the class into three groups. Assign roles and get them to act out the story.
· You can play the story PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_2-1) while Ps are acting, for guidance.
· Ps work in groups of three. They act out the story using pictures in PBs.
· Ask a group of volunteers to come to the front of the class and give them two flashcards: with a grandmother and a brother. Tell them to use the flashcards as photos from the story and act it out. Help if needed.
MP. Unit 3. Songs and Rhymes 3
· Get Ps to watch the screen. Play the MP to familiarise Ps with lyrics of the song.
— Is this your father?
— Yes, he is.
— Is this your mother?
— Yes, she is.
This is Ben,
This is Pam.
They love me,
And I love them. (twice)
· Say each line of the song with pauses for Ps to repeat after you. Do it twice.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_8-5) and get Ps to sing along.
· Divide your class into two groups to sing the song in roles. Explain to Ps that Group 1 sings the questions, Group 2 sings the answers. Both of the groups sing the reference the second time together. You can play the song PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_8-5) while Ps are singing, for guidance but not in a loud voice.
Play the Game
· Arrange your Ps in a circle.
· Take several sets of family mini-cards (from your Ps' envelopes) and hand out two different ones to each pupil.
· Choose a P to start the game clockwise and ask him/ her a question about his/her family member, “Hello! How is your father?”. Elicit the P's answer, “He is fine, thank you.” Explain to Ps that they should address to his/her classmate who is to the left of him/her asking a question about his/her family member using one of the mini-cards he/she has (according to the image on it). Ps ask and answer twice passing two circles clockwise.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_8-5) and sing along with your Ps.
· Ask your Ps to bring big white sheets (A3) of paper and pencils of different colours for the next lesson.
· Sing the ‘Goodbye' Song along with your Ps.