Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 9. Revision
Unit 3. Family and Friends
· to review language of the unit in games and craft work
· to reflect on Ps' learning
family members, English names, classroom instructions, asking and answering questions about friends and family members, family presentations
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, big white sheets of paper (A3), pencils of different colours
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to understand the language of the unit and respond to questions and instructions. They will be able to use the vocabulary and structures of the unit in games. Ps will be able to draw and present their family trees.
· Address to a P and ask, “How is your mother?”. Encourage him/her to answer. Ask another P, “How is friend?”. Let him/her answer.
· Tell the Ps to work in pairs and ask each other the questions like these and answer them.
MP Unit 3. Game 2
· Get Ps to watch the screen and listen to the speaker.
· Explain to Ps that they should click on the appropriate family member according to what the speaker says. Ask Ps one by one to come up and click the corresponding picture.
PB p.44 t.1
· Get your Ps to open their PBs on page 44. Tell them they should listen to the audio and point to the appropriate family member.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_9-1) and let Ps point to the corresponding family member.
Hi! I'm Bob.
This is my Family Tree.
This is my grandfather.
This is my grandfather, too.
This is my brother.
This is my sister.
This is my father.
This is my mother.
Oh, this is my grandmother.
This is my grandmother, too.
· Ask a few Ps to come to the front of the class and holding their books up point to the appropriate picture on the boy's family tree. Play the audio each time.
AB p.44 t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 33. Ask them to colour the family members. Let them do it.
· Explain to Ps that they are going to ask and answer about the family members in their ABs in pairs. Choose a P and pointing to a grandmother on the page ask him/her, “Who is this?” The P answers and puts a tick. Ask Ps to take turns and let them work in pairs.
· Stop Ps' work and ask them to change their ABs. Draw their attention to the smileys at the bottom of the page. Tell the Ps they should think and evaluate the work of each other choosing the corresponding smiley face to draw in the empty circle.
· Ask a pair to come up and demonstrate their pairwork in front of the class. Ask them what smiley faces they have drawn to each other and ask why.
Play a ‘Blindman’ Game
· Arrange Ps in a big circle. Choose two Ps to come up. Blindfold one of them. Tell him/her that the other P will greet him/her saying, “Hello!”. The blindfolded P should guess who is talking to him/her and ask, “Is this ... ?” The other chosen P should answer, “Yes, he/ she is” or “No, he/she isn't.” Each blindfolded P has two attempts to guess. If he/she doesn't guess he/ she stays ‘a blindman' again guessing about the next P. If he/she guesses the P, who greets him/her, that P becomes ‘a blindman’. Play up to 5 minutes.
Draw Your Family Tree
· Explain to Ps they are going to draw their Family Tree. They can use their PBs to have an idea. But each P's Family Tree should be about his/her family relationships. Let Ps draw and colour their family trees on the big white sheets of paper (A3) they have brought.
· Ask a few volunteers to come to the front of the class and present their family pointing to each family member on his/her family tree.
· End the lesson with singing the songs of the unit. Play the audios to sing along.
PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_4-1)
PB Audio (track Unit -3-Les_8-5)