Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 4. My Pets
· to introduce and practise new vocabulary
· to introduce a Wh-question
· to review and practise the structure “Look! It's a ...”
· to review and practise Yes/No-question “Is it a ...?” and answers “Yes, it is. / No, it isn't.”
pet, fish, parrot, hamster, rabbit, mouse
What is this? Wow!
PB, PB Audio, AB, flashcards # 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, a box with toy animals, scissors, envelopes, pencils of different colours
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to point to and name pets in English. They will be able to draw attention to objects. They will be able to ask and answer questions identifying pets. Ps will be able to understand the question “What is this?” and answer it.
· Remind the clap and count rhyme saying it in chorus. (You can say it along with the audio PB Audio (track Unit -2-Les_6-1).
· Ask Ps to show the amount of fingers you say. (up to six.)
· Divide the class into six groups and name the groups with the numbers. Use the team numbers in a random order to give classroom instructions, e.g. 3 Take a pen. Each team carries out the instruction as quickly as possible.
PB p.46 t.1
· Ask Ps what they see in the picture. They tell you in Ukrainian/Russian. Have a little talk about pets.
· Say that all these animals are called ‘pets' in English. Encourage them to repeat the word several times and ask Ps to count all the pets in the picture (six pets).
· Use flashcards (hamster, parrot, rabbit, mouse, fish) to introduce the new vocabulary. Say each word and ask Ps to repeat after you.
· Explain to Ps that they are going to listen to the audio and point to the corresponding pet in PB.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_1-1).
It's a hamster. It's a parrot. It's a rabbit. It's a mouse. It's a fish.
· Play the audio again making pauses for Ps to repeat.
· Draw Ps' attention that each pet has got a number in the picture. Explain to Ps that you are going to say a number and Ps should call out a pet in the picture saying, “It's a ... “. Do it at random.
PB pp.46-47 t.3
· Tell Ps that they are going to listen to what the children are talking in the pet shop.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_1-5) and hold up your PB. Point to each character who is speaking at the moment.
Nick: What is this?
Vic: It's a hamster.
Nick: What is this?
Vic: It's a parrot.
Nick: Wow! What is this?
Vic: It's a rabbit.
Liz: Is it a mouse?
Bill: Yes, it is... Look! It's a fish...
· Play the audio again and have your Ps to point to each character who is speaking.
· Ask Ps to repeat each line of the dialogues. Play the audio making pauses for Ps to repeat. Do it twice.
· Hold up each flashcard asking a question “What is this?”. Ps answer, “It's a ...”
· Pull out toy animals one by one asking Ps questions. “Is it a ...?” Sometimes make mistakes to get Ps to answer “Yes, it is” or “No, it isn't.”
AB p.34 t.1
· Get Ps to open ABs on page 34 and explain to them that they'll work in pairs.
· Hold up AB and draw Ps' attention that each shape of a pet has got a number. Point to the shape 1 and say that P1 should ask a question about the shape. Give example, “One. Is it a ...(mouse)?”. P2 should answer positively or negatively. Then both of the Ps should match the shape with the corresponding picture of pet at the top drawing a line. Demonstrate your Ps how you do it in your AB.
· Let Ps do the task in pairs. Come up to Ps who needs help and elicit their questions and answers.
· Ask a five pairs to come to the front of the class and demonstrate their talk around one shape.
Play a ‘Hot Card’ Game
· Arrange five chairs in a circle at the front of the class. Invite five Ps to the front of the class and have them sit (if this isn't possible, do the activity with Ps seated at their desks).
· Hand out a flashcard of one of the pets Ps have learnt so far.
· Explain to Ps that once the music starts, they have to pass the flashcard clockwise around the circle.
· When the music stops, the P holding the flashcard has to mime the pet.
· The rest of the Ps have to say the name of the pet depicted on the flashcard.
Repeat this 3-5 times. Then invite another group of 5 Ps.
Making a Pet Mini-book
· Explain to your Ps they are going to make a minibook of pets using the instruction in pictures on page 46 in their PBs.
· Demonstrate to them how you make a book. Take a sheet of paper and draw lines, then fold the paper on lines. Draw a picture of a pet in the first grade and show it to Ps encouraging them to do the same.
· Let Ps make their mini-books of pets.
· Ask a few volunteers. Point to a pet in a book and ask, “What is this?”. The P answers, “It's a ...”. Ask other Ps at least about one pet in their books.
· Get Ps to work in pairs asking and answering questions about pets in their pet mini-books.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_1-5) and make pauses after each phrase. Ask Ps to name the character who says it and repeat the phrase.
· Tell Ps they are going to act out the talk. Divide the class into 4 groups according to four characters and get Ps to play the roles. You can play the audio for guidance.