Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 4. My Pets
· to introduce new vocabulary
· to practise Yes/No-question “Is it a ...?” and answer “Yes, it is. / No, it isn't.”
· to practise a Wh-question
· to review the structure “Look! It's a ...”
dog, cat, pig, bird, turtle
Is it a ...? - Yes, it is. / No, it isn't.
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, flashcards # 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50; scissors, envelopes, a soft ball
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to ask and answer questions identifying pets. Ps will be able to ask the question “What is this?” and answer it. They will be able to play guessing games about pets.
· Hold up a flashcard with a pet that Ps have learnt at the previous lesson and say, “Look! It’s a... (hamster)!”. Explicit your Ps to answer, “Wow! It's a hamster!” (in chorus). Choose a P to become a ‘teacher' and take another flashcard from your desk and demonstrate to the class, saying the same, “Look! It’s a ... !”. The class says, “Wow! It’s a ...!’’ Ask 3 more Ps to become ‘a teacher' with the rest of the flashcards of familiar pets.
MP. Unit 4. Presentation 1
· Get Ps to watch the screen. Explain to them that they should clap hands if they see a new pet.
PB. p.48 t.1
· Get Ps to open their PB on page 48. Tell them they should repeat the names of the new pets pointing to them in order of their numbers. Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_2-1).
It’s a dog. It’s a bird. It’s a cat. It’s a pig. It’s a turtle.
Do it twice. Help Ps to pronounce ‘turtle' and ‘bird' correctly. Remind them a word they know with the same sound [ε] girl.
· Ask Ps to point to the pictures in order and name the pets. First do it in chorus. Then ask several Ps at random. Everyone should name all 5 pets.
· Take your flashcards with the names of new pets and practise a question, “Is it a... ?” addressing to the class. Sometimes make mistakes to elicit positive and negative answers.
· Do the same asking a question “What is this?”. Ps answer.
MP. Unit 4. Game 1
· Explain to Ps that they are going to play a game. They should look at the picture and listen to the speaker. If the speaker gives the right name of the pet in the picture Ps should click a tick. If the speaker is not right with the name of the pet Ps should click a cross.
· Ask Ps to come up one by one and click choosing the correct answer.
PB. p.48 t.3
· Get Ps to open their PBs on page 48. Hold up your PB and draw Ps' attention to the pictures in task 3. Ask Ps what they see and what they think the teacher and her pupils doing.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_2-1) and holding your book up, point to each character who is speaking each time.
Teacher: What is this?
A boy: It's a dog.
Teacher: No, it isn't.
A girl: Is it a cat?
Teacher: Yes, it is!
· Ask Ps to point to each character who is speaking. Play the audio again. Make pauses for Ps to repeat. Do it twice.
Play a ‘Guessing’ Game
· Tell Ps you are going to play the same game. Explain to them that the right to answer the question has the P you point to. Come up to the board and draw a half of a dog. Ask ,”What is this?”. Ps try to guess. Point to separate Ps to answer. Say, “Yes, it is” or “No, it isn't.” If the answer is right, complete the picture on the board.
· Choose a few Ps (one by one) to continue. Say, “Now you are a teacher. Draw half of a pet to make Ps guess.” A P should ask a question, ”Who is this?”. The rest of the Ps guess.
PB. p.49 t.4
· Hold up your PB and draw Ps' attention to the pictures in task 4 on page 49. Tell Ps they'll play the roles of the children at the top of the page (Liz and Ben). P1 should ask a question, “What is this?” pointing to one of the pictures with puzzles. P2 should answer it. P1 agrees or disagrees. Explain to Ps that they should take turns.
· Let Ps do the task in pairs.
· Ask a few pairs to demonstrate their mini-dialogues in front of the class.
· Get Ps to open their AB on page 87 and cut out the pictures with pets. Ask them to put their new miniflashcards into the new envelopes for pets.
Play the Guessing Game with Mini-Flashcards
· Get Ps to change their pairs.
· Explain to them that they are going to play a guessing game with their mini-flashcards. P 1 pulls one card out of his/her envelop with the picture hidden for his/her partner and asks a question, “What is this?” P2 should guess. P2 has 3 attempts. If he/she doesn't guess, P1 asks the question again with another card. If P2 gives the right answer, they change roles. P2 asks a question about a pet on his/ her mini-flashcard.
AB. p.35 t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 35. Hold up your AB and explain to Ps that they'll work in pairs. P1 should ask about the pets in the first three pictures, “What is this?”. P2 should look and answer. “Look! It's a ... !” Then they change roles.
· Let Ps trace and colour the pets in the pictures.
· Ask a P to come to the front of the class with his/her AB and be ready to answer his/her mates' questions. Ps from the class ask the P about the pets in his/her AB in a random order saying, e.g. “Five. What is this?” The P answers. Choose a few other pupils to come to the front of the class and answer.
Roll the Ball and Say
· Clear a space at the front of the classroom big enough for Ps to sit in a circle.
· Invite Ps to come to the front of the class and sit in a circle.
· Roll a soft ball to a P and he/she has to say a sentence naming a pet (It’s a ...).
· Ps continue playing the game by rolling the ball to another P or passing the ball to the P next to them until it has gone around the whole circle and all of the Ps have had a chance to play. Encourage Ps to name different pets which they've learnt.