Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 4. My Pets
· to introduce new vocabulary
· to introduce new structures
· to practise the names of pets
brown, yellow, pink, green, orange, red, blue
I have got a pet. It's a ... (fish). It's ... (red).
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, AB Audio, flashcards # 51-57, pets mini-flashcards, white sheets of paper, rulers, pencils of different colours
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to understand a new structure “I have got a pet” and names of colours. They will be able to sing the “Colours” song along. Pupils will be able to understand when someone tell them about the pets they have.
Play a “Chain” Game with a Picture Dictionary
· Get your Ps to open the PBs on page 107. Hold up the book and draw their attention to the pets at the bottom of the page. Explain to them that they will speak in a chain. P1 points to the first pet in the dictionary and asks, “What is this?”, P2 answers, “Look! It's a ...”. P2 asks P3 the wh-question pointing to the second pet depicted in the dictionary. P3 answers and asks P4 the same question pointing to the third pet. etc. If Ps have named all the pets depicted in the dictionary get other Ps to continue with the first pet in it again until the time when all of the Ps have taken part in the activity.
MP. Unit 4. Songs and Rhymes 1
· Get Ps to watch the screen. Explain to them that they are going to listen to a song.
Brown and yellow, (twice)
Pink and green, (twice)
Orange, red and blue - (twice)
I choose you. (twice)
· Play the MP twice. Encourage Ps to sing along for the second time.
· Hold up your flashcards with colours one by one in the song's order. Name each colour clearly and get Ps to repeat after you. Help Ps to pronounce sound [r] in words ‘brown', ‘red', ‘green', ‘orange' correctly.
PB. p.50 t.1
· Get Ps to open their books and listen to the song again pointing to the corresponding colours. Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_3-1).
· Play the audio again and get Ps to sing along.
· Ask a few volunteers to name the colours in order of the pictures at the top of the page.
· Hold up your book and draw Ps' attention to the children with pets. Ask what they see in the pictures. Ask your Ps if someone has a pet. Ask what colour is his/her pet. Explain to Ps that they are going to listen to the children who have pets and point to every child and his/her pet following the order of the numbers. Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_3-3).
1 I have got a pet. It's a fish. It's red.
2 I have got a pet. It's a hamster. It's yellow.
3 I have got a pet. It's a pig. It's pink.
4 I have got a pet. It's a dog. It's brown.
5 I have got a pet. It's a parrot. It's blue.
6 I have got a pet. It's a turtle. It's green.
7 I have got a pet. It's a bird. It's orange.
· Play the audio again and make pauses after each sentence for Ps to repeat.
MP. Unit 4. Game 2
· Get Ps to watch the screen. Explain to them that they are going to play a game. Ps should listen to a child and click on the right picture. Ask Ps to come up one by one and click.
ABb p.36 t.1
· Have Ps to open their ABs and tell them to listen to the speaker, then put the number next to the pet the speaker names and colour each pet as it is said. Play the AB Audio (track Act.Book_Smiling Sam - U 4 - p 37_task1). Make longer pauses to let you Ps put the numbers and colour the pets.
One. Pink pig.
Two. Brown turtle.
Three. Green parrot.
Four. Blue fish.
Five. Yellow bird.
Six. Orange hamster.
· Ask a few to demonstrate their coloured pictures of pets in ABs. They should point to a pet, say the number, name the colour and the pet.
Making Colour Cards
· Ask Ps to cut out seven cards of the same size. Explain to Ps how to do it with the help of a ruler.
· Ask Ps to colour their cards with pencils of the colours which they've learnt at the lesson.
· Tell Ps that you are going to name the colour and they should hold up the corresponding card. Do it several times until Ps become confident.
Play a Game with the Flashcards
· Choose a group of seven Ps and hand out flashcards of colours to them at random without looking who has each card.
· Say addressing to all those four Ps, ‘Listen!’. Give instruction to ‘every colour’, e.g., ‘Green, open your bag!’, ‘Pink, sit down!', ‘Blue, take your pencil case!’, etc.
· Rotate groups in order to get as many Ps as possible to participate in the game.
· End your lesson with singing the song of colours. Play the MP or the audio. Tell your Ps to sing along. Sing along together with your Ps.