Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 4. My Pets
· to introduce new colours
· to introduce and practise new structure
· to review colours
· to practise the structure of the previous lesson
grey, black, white
He/She has got a pet.
MP, PB, PB Audio, AB, AB Audio, poster #17, white sheets of paper, pencils of different colours.
By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to use structures, “I have go a ...”, “He/She has got a .” in speaking. They will be able to tell each other about the pets and their colours. They will be able to sing a song about pets. Pupils will be able to understand presentations at a pet show.
Play “Tell Me the Name” Guessing Game
· Tell a P to come to the front of the class and mime one of the pets the Ps have been taught. Point out that Ps can use gestures when they mime the pet and even give sounds which it makes.
· The rest of the class has to guess which pet the P is pretending to be and name it.
· Repeat the procedure with other Ps.
MP. Unit 4. Presentation 2
· Get Ps to watch the screen and clap their hands when they see new colours (the names of which they haven't been taught). Play the MP.
· Hold up the flashcards with the new colours one by one and get Ps to repeat the names of the colours after you. Do it twice.
· Choose a pupil to name the new colours. If he/she can't do it properly, ask another one. This way you are going to find a ‘new teacher’.
· Put all the flashcards with colours on your desk in a random order. Ask the “new teacher” to hold up flashcards one by one. Ps should name each colour.
PB. p.50 t.4
· Get Ps to open their books on page 50. Draw their attention to task 4 and explain that they should listen, point to the child with his/her pet and repeat after him/her.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_3-3). Make a pause after each child and your Ps should repeat his/her three sentences about a pet.
1 I have got a pet. It's a fish. It's red.
2 I have got a pet. It's a hamster. It's yellow.
3 I have got a pet. It's a pig. It's pink.
4 I have got a pet. It's a dog. It's brown.
5 I have got a pet. It's a parrot. It's blue.
6 I have got a pet. It's a turtle. It's green.
7 I have got a pet. It's a bird. It's orange.
Draw a Pet You'd Like to Have
PB. p.51 t.1
· Draw your Ps' attention to the icon in task one and ask Ps to guess what they are going to do. They give their answers.
· Let Ps draw a pet they have got or would like to have.
· Ask a few of them to come to the front of the class and tell about their pets in the way the characters did in the previous task.
· Tell the rest of the Ps to keep their pictures and be ready to tell about their pets at the next lesson.
MP. Unit 4. Songs and Rhymes 2
· Get Ps to watch the screen and listen to the song. Play the MP.
She has got a pet—
It is a cat.
She has got a fish—
A yellow fish...
He has got a turtle
And a rabbit.
He has got a hamster
And a black dog...
He has got a dog,
And she has got a cat.
He has got a pet,
And she has got a pet!
· Have a talk with Ps about what they saw on the screen and guess what the song was about. Explain to Ps that sometimes people arrange pet shows where they present their pets.
· Say the song line after line with pauses for Ps to repeat.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_4-2) and get Ps to sing along. Do it twice.
· Stick poster # 17 on the board and ask Ps what they see on it. Draw their attention to the girl with the microphone and explain to Ps that this girl is a host at the school pet show. In the picture she presents Liz, Vic, Ben and Nick who are participants in this show.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_4-3). Point to each show participant each time when he/she is presented by the host (girl).
Meet Liz. She has got a pet. It is a cat. It's grey.
This is Vic. She has got a pet. It is a fish. It's yellow.
Meet Bill. He has got a pet. It's a rabbit. It's white. He has got a turtle, too. It's brown.
This is Nick. He has got a pet. It's a dog. It's black. He has got a hamster, too. It's brown.
· Play the audio again making pauses after each sentence for Ps to repeat. Continue to point to each participant of the show on the poster.
· Play the audio one more time making pauses after each presentation getting Ps to repeat in chorus.
AB. p.37 t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs. Hold up your AB and explain to Ps that they should match the characters with their pets according to the presentations at the pet show. Ps should draw a line to connect a character to his/her pet.
· Let Ps match, then trace and colour the pets. Tell them to be attentive as for the colours of the pets. They can use PBs on page 51 to check.
· Ask four volunteers to come to the front of the class with their ABs and present characters with their pets. One P tells the class about one character: e.g., “... has got a pet. It is a ... . It is ... (colour)”.
End your lesson with singing the song about children and their pets. Play the MP. Unit 4. Songs and Rhymes 2 or PB Audio (track Unit -4-Les_4-2). Tell your Ps to sing along. Sing along together with your Ps.