Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на перше півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 7. Story Time
Unit 1. Hello, Friends!
· to practise greetings and introductions;
· to practise asking the question ‘How are you?”
Nice to meet you.
flashcard # 9, MP, AB, PB Audio
Ps can understand someone's greetings. They can reproduce a talk acting out a scene.
· Greet your Ps “Hello! Nice to meet you!”. Elicit their answers.
· Come up to some pupils. Ask them one by one, “Hello ... (Denis)! How are you?” Encourage them to answer, “I am fine. And how are you?”. Say, “I am fine. Thank you.” Explain what ‘thank you' mean. Get your Ps imitate sound [ɵ] in the phrase.
MP Unit 1. Presentation.
· Tell Ps to watch the screen. Play the MP Unit 1. Presentation to remind the phrases of the previous lessons. Ps repeat the phrases after the speaker.
· Play MP Unit 1. Game 1 Ask your Ps to come up one by one and click on the right picture after listening to each phrase.
MP Unit 1. Story.
· Play the MP Story. Then talk about the characters of the story in Ukrainian/Russian, etc. (Ask them who they think the children are, where they are and what is happening.)
· Tell Ps that they are going to watch the story again. Play the MP Story again. Then describe the value ‘Be polite'.
PB audio track Unit -1-les_7-1
· Tell Ps that they are going to listen to the story. Ask them to close their eyes and imagine the characters of the story who are talking. Play the PB Audio, your Ps are listening to it with their eyes closed.
· Play the audio again, pausing after each phrase and get Ps to repeat it. Do it twice.
· Get your Ps to open their AB on page 11. Explain Ps what tracing is demonstrating your actions. Say the task, “Trace, then colour.” After Ps have coloured their pictures ask some volunteers to show their work in front of the class and pointing to each picture say the characters' talk. Elicit them to say, “Hello, Sam. How are you?” — “I am fine. Thank you.” for the first picture. And “Goodbye!” — “Bye!” for the second one.
· Hold up flashcard # 9 (Act out) and encourage your Ps to say the instruction. Tell your Ps they'll be actors of the theatre today. Explain that after watching the story on the screen they're going to act out.
· Play the MP Unit 1. Story
· Divide the class into three groups. Group 1 plays the role of Sam. Group 2 plays the role of Ann. Group 3 plays the role of the boy who talks to Sam and Ann. Rotate the groups.
· Divide the class into groups of three. Get your Ps to work in groups. Help them if needed.
· Ask a few groups of three pupils to reproduce the talk.
· Ask your Ps to bring an ice-cream stick, scissors and glue (or Scotch tape) for the next lesson.
· Sing ‘Goodbye' song along with your Ps.