Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на друге півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 7. Story Time
Unit 6. Happy Birthday!
· to introduce new vocabulary
· to practise the names of the toys
· to practise letters ‘Aa’ - ‘Ll’ and their phonics
· to practise structures ‘What's this?', ‘Come in’
· to develop Ps' listening skills
Happy Birthday! What's this? Come in. Can you guess?
PB, PB Audio, AB, MP, flashcard # 88, pencils of different colours, scissors, envelopes, ball.
By the end of the lesson Ps will be able to follow and understand the sequence of events in the story.
Make a Shape of a Letter
· Tell Ps that they are going to play a stretching game.
· Make sure there is enough space in the classroom.
· You call out a letter and ask a P to run up to the board and write it. If the letter is correct, get your Ps to make the shape of the letter with their bodies (form capital letters).
· Take the flashcards # 125, 127, 129, 131, 135, 137, 139, 141, 143, 145, 147, 149 and start showing them to Ps one by one asking, e.g. ‘Is it a dog/cat?’.
· Show, for example, the flashcard with a lion and ask, ‘Is it a jaguar?’.
· Encourage Ps to answer, ‘No, it isn't. It is a lion.’
· Hand out the flashcards and get Ps to have small dialogues.
MP. Unit 6. Story PB p. 77, t.1
· Play MP (Unit 6-Story).
· Get Ps to watch the story twice. (In case you don't have the MP, you may use PB and PB Audio (track Unit-6-Les_7-1 St.time).
Children: Happy birthday!
Mike: Hello. Come in.
Mike: What's this?
Children: Can you guess?
Mike: A helicopter?
Mike: A teddy bear?
Mike: A scooter! Yes! Thank you.
AB p. 58, t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 58 and prepare their pens, pencils and crayons.
· Ask them to number the pictures in the right order. Let them colour the pictures.
· Ask several Ps to come to the front of the class with his/her AB and point to the pictures in the right order saying the numbers.
· If the number of the picture is right, ask the rest of the class to say, ‘Yes, it is.’ or ‘No, it isn't.’ when it isn't right.
PB p. 77, t.1, 2
· Get Ps to open their PBs and prepare to listen to the audio and point to the appropriate picture. Play PB Audio (track Unit-6-Les_7-1 St. time).
· Play the audio again making pauses and encourage Ps to repeat each phrase. Do it twice.
PB p. 77, t.4
· Tell Ps that they are going to become actors. Divide the class into pairs. Assign the roles and get them to act out the story.
· You can play the story PB Audio (track Unit-6-Les_7-1 St.time) while Ps are acting, for guidance.
· Ps work in pairs and act out the story using pictures in PBs.
· Ask several pairs of volunteers to come to the front of the class and act the story out. Help Ps if needed.
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 91 and cut out the pictures with birthday vocabulary. Ask them to put their new mini-flashcards into the new envelopes for birthday.
Play the Guessing Game with Mini-Flashcards
· Divide Ps into pairs. Explain to them that they are going to play the guessing game with their miniflashcards.
· P1 pulls one card out of his/her envelope with the picture hidden for his/her partner and asks the question, ‘What is this?’. P2 should guess. P2 has three attempts. If he/she doesn’t guess right, P1 asks the question again with another card. If P2 gives the right answer, they change the roles. P2 asks the question.
· Stick letters friends flashcards (A - L) in ABC order in one place on the board.
· Write capital letters (A - L) randomly in the other place.
· Ask a P to come to the front and draw a line from the picture (letter friend flashcard) to the corresponding letter.
· Repeat with other flashcards and Ps.
· Drill the phonics of each letter pointing to the letter first then to its friend, [ӕ] ant Annie, [b] bear Bill etc. Do it together with Ps.