Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на друге півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Unit 7. My Food
· to say, recognize and write the letters ‘Mm’, ‘Nn’, ‘Oo’, ‘Pp’
· to recognize and say the sounds [m], [n], [o], [p]
· to develop fine motor control
monkey, octopus, nice
‘Every letter makes a sound', 'The 'Mm'/'Nn'/'Oo'/'Pp' says [m]/[n]/[o]/[p]'
PB, AB, PB Audio, MP, ABC Practice Book, flashcards # 133, 134, 151-156, plasticine, balloon
By the end of the lesson Ps will be able to identify the letters ‘Mm’, ‘Nn’, ‘Oo’, ‘Pp’. They will be able to write and pronounce their phonics.
· Display letter flashcards on the board (A - L).
· Divide Ps into two teams and explain that you'll say the sound that one of these letters make.
· Say e.g. [h]. A P from team 1 should come up and point to the letter. The team should sing the phonic song about this letter in chorus. If everything is correct the team gets a point.
· Teams participate in turns. The winner is the team with more points.
Learn New Words
· Show the monkey flashcard (# 151). Say ‘monkey’ and have Ps repeat several times.
· Show the nice Nina flashcard (# 153). Say ‘nice Nina’ and explain the meaning of the word ‘nice’. Then have Ps repeat nice Nina after you several times.
· Show the octopus flashcard (# 155). Say ‘octopus’ and have Ps repeat several times.
· Help Ps revise the word ‘pig’ (which they have already known) with showing the appropriate flashcard (# 157) and getting Ps repeat.
· Stick the monkey, nice Nina, octopus and pig flashcards on the board and ask Ps name each one pointing to them randomly.
· Put all the flashcards away.
Learn a New Phonic
· Hold up the monkey flashcard (# 151). Say ‘monkey Molly’ and get Ps repeat several times. Explain that ‘Molly’ is the name and the first sound is the same in each word. Pronounce it [m] and get Ps to do this.
· Stick the flashcard on the board and write the capital letter M under it. Say that this is a big letter because ‘Molly’ is the name and we use big letters to start writing names. Write a lower case letter ‘m’ and say that small letter are used for other words like ‘monkey’. Point to the small letter and say ‘monkey', then to the big one saying ‘Molly’. Do it twice and get Ps to repeat after you in chorus and individually after your pointing to each one.
· Draw a woman's face on the board and write low case letter ‘m’ under it saying ‘mother’. Draw a mouse and write letter ‘m' under it saying ‘mouse’.
· Drill: [m] monkey, [m] Molly, [m] mouse, [m] mother. Encourage Ps to drill with you.
· Change the speed to challenge the Ps and add fun to the drill. The children will like the humour and it will help them focus on the first sound. This will also help them hear the initial sound more clearly. (When a P is confused about the first sound of a word is, you can ask them to say it like you do in drill.).
Learn a Letter Name
· Tell Ps that they are going to listen to Smiling Sam, who presents a letter's name and its friend. Play PB Audio (track Unit-7-Les_3-1) and hold up letter Mm flashcard (# 151) when Sam says, ‘This is letter ‘M”. When Sam says ‘M has got a friend.’ take ‘monkey’ flashcard and hold it up with Sam's words, ‘It is monkey Molly.’ Stick both of the flashcards on the board.
· Play MP Unit-7-Letters_and_Sounds-Mm and get Ps to watch the screen.
· Play the audio again and pause after each line. Tell Ps to repeat with your pointing to each flashcard appropriately.
This is letter ‘M’.
‘M' has got a friend.
It is monkey Molly.
· Play the audio again and ask Ps to say the letter presentation along with Smiling Sam.
· Tell children to find the ‘Mm' in the alphabet on ABC poster (# 35). Repeat all the letters of the alphabet from ‘A' pointing to and naming each letter, ‘A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M’. Encourage your Ps to repeat several times in chorus and individually.
· Draw lines on the board like those ones in the ABC Practice Book (ABC PB). Put dots on the lines to show the staring points for forming the capital letter ‘M’.
· Write the lines of the letter exactly as it is presented in the ABC PB. Write the letter several times saying the directions out loud each time. Name the letter.
· Stand with your back to the Ps as you use your index finger to ‘write’ a capital letter in the air.
· Tell Ps to copy your action and ‘write’ the capital letter. Name the letter and get your Ps to repeat its name. Check that they are forming the letter correctly in the air.
· Repeat the procedure for the lower case ‘m’.
ABC Practice Book
· Ask Ps to open their ABC PB on page 7 and draw their attention to the letter with arrows next to the letter's friend. Tell Ps to practise tracing over the letters with arrows with their index finger.
· Tell Ps to practise tracing with their pencils over the letters ‘Mm’ in the first line of ABC PB. Check that they are forming the letters correctly. Get Ps to say the letter's name a few times.
Sing a Phonic Song
· Tell Ps that they are going to sing a song to help them learn the sound of letter ‘Mm’.
· Tell Ps to listen to the song. Play PB Audio (track Unit-7-Les_3-2).
· Play MP Unit-7-Letters_and_Sounds-Phonic_Song-1 and get Ps to watch the screen.
The ‘M’ says [m],
The ‘M’ says [m].
Every letter makes a sound:
The ‘M’ says [m]!
[m] monkey, mouse, mother
· Play the audio again and pause after each line. Sing the line and tell Ps to repeat after you pointing to the letter, its friend and your drawings on the board (mouse, mother).
· Repeat the procedures according to the steps above (Learn a New Phonic, Learn a Letter Name, Letter Formation and Sing a Phonic Song) with letters ‘Nn’, ‘Oo’ and their phonics.
Play with a Balloon
· Explain to Ps that they are going to play with a balloon into the middle of the group and everyone has to keep it from touching the ground.
· Tell Ps to say a letter and a word that begins with that letter and toss the balloon to other P, e.g. P1 tosses the balloon and says, ‘Mm’ - ‘monkey’, P2, who catches the balloon and says, ‘Aa’ - ‘ant’ and so on.
· Say any short physical exercise chant.
· Repeat the procedures according to the steps above (Learn a New Phonic, Learn a Letter Name, Letter Formation and Sing a Phonic Song) with letter ‘Pp’ and its phonic.
AB p.62, t.1
· Ask Ps to take a brown pencil. Tell that they should colour all spaces that have ‘M’ or ‘m’ brown.
· Ask what animal they have.
AB p.63, t.5
· Explain to Ps that they should colour the pictures with names that start with ‘P’.
· AB p.62, t.3
· AB p.62-63, t.2, 4