Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на друге півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 7. Story Time
Unit 7. My Food
· to introduce new vocabulary
· to practise the food vocabulary
· to practise letters ‘Aa’-‘Tt’
· to practise alternative questions
· to develop Ps' listening skills
dad, mum, breakfast
Let's have breakfast. Jam and butter? - Just butter, please; I don't know.
PB, PB Audio, AB, MP, flashcards # 89-112, poster # 29, scissors, envelopes.
By the end of the lesson Ps will be able to follow and understand the order of the story.
· Review the capital forms of letters ‘a’ - ‘t’. Write the lower case letters on the board. Call Ps to the front to write the corresponding capital letters.
· Ask Ps to say the letter name and sound of each letter.
MP. Unit 7. Story
PB p.89, t.1
· Play MP (Unit 7-Story).
· Get Ps to watch the story twice. (In case you don't have the MP, you may use the poster # 29 and Play PB Audio (track Unit-7-Les_7-1 St.time).
Liz: Good morning. Mum! Good morning, Dad!
Dad: Good morning, Liz! How are you?
Liz: I'm hungry.
Mum: Let's have breakfast.
Mum: Cocoa or tea?
Liz: Cocoa, please.
Mum: Toast or bread?
Liz: Toast, please.
Mum: Jam and butter?
Liz: Just butter, please.
Mum: Where is the butter?
Liz: I don't know.
Tim: It's here.
Mum: Oh Tim! Look at you!
· Play the MP/audio again making pauses for Ps to repeat each line.
PB p. 89, t.1, 2
· Get Ps to open their PBs and prepare to listen to the audio and point to the appropriate picture. Play PB Audio (track Unit-7-Les_7-1 St.time).
· Play the audio again making pauses and encourage Ps to repeat each phrase. Do it twice.
AB p. 70, t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 70 and prepare their pens.
· Ask them to number the pictures in the right order.
· Ask several Ps to come to the front of the class with his/her AB and point to the pictures in the right order saying the numbers.
· If the number of the picture is right, ask the rest of the class to say, ‘Yes, it is.’ or ‘No, it isn't.’ when it isn't right.
PB p. 89, t.4
· Tell Ps that they are going to become actors. Divide the class into the groups of four (mum, dad, Liz and Tim). Assign the roles and get them to act out the story.
· You can play the story PB Audio (track Unit-7-Les_7-1 St.time) while Ps are acting, for guidance.
· Ps work in groups and act out the story using the pictures in PBs and the poster # 29.
· Ask several groups of volunteers to come to the front of the class and act out the story. Help Ps if needed.
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 93 and cut out the pictures with ABC friends. Ask them to put their new mini-flashcards into the new envelopes for ABC friends.
Play the Guessing Game with Mini-Flashcards
· Divide Ps into pairs. Explain to them that they are going to play the guessing game with their miniflashcards.
· P1 pulls one card out of his/her envelope with the picture hidden for his/her partner and asks the question, ‘What is this?’ P2 should guess. P2 has 3 attempts. If he/she doesn't guess right, P1 asks the question again with another card. If P2 gives the right answer, they change roles. P2 asks the question.
Food Name Game
· The class sits in a circle, and then someone starts the game by saying his/her name, and then the name of the food or drink that begins with the same sound as the first sound in their name (e.g., Katia the coffee). The next person in the circle repeats the procedure and so forth.
· If there is no food or drink that has the same sound as the first sound in P's name, he/she can use any suitable word he/she knows.