Англійська мова - Поурочні розробки для вчителя на друге півріччя у 1 класі НУШ - О. Карпюк 2018
Lesson 9. Revision
Unit 8. I can play
· to review language of the unit in games
· to read CVC words
· to reflect on Ps' learning
‘I can/can't ...’, ‘Can you ...?’, letters ‘Uu’-‘Zz’, ABC song, Zoo animals
PB, PB Audio, AB, MP, poster # 31
By the end of the lesson Ps will be able to speak about Zoo animals and pets. They will be able to ask and answer questions about their feelings, whether they are sad or happy. Ps will be able to use the vocabulary of the unit in games. They will be able to read CVC words with short vowels.
MP Unit 8 Presentation
· Tell Ps that they are going to revise the vocabulary of the unit.
· Play MP (Unit-8-Presentation) and get Ps to watch the screen and listen.
· Then turn off the volume and play MP one more time making pauses and asking Ps to name the picture using the phrase ‘I can ...’ or ‘We can ...’
MP Unit 8 Game 1
· Play MP (Unit-8-Games-1).
· Explain to Ps they should listen and point to the right picture according to what the speaker says.
· Ask them to come one by one and click on the appropriate picture according to what the speaker says.
We can run.
I can climb a tree.
I can ride a bike.
I can hop.
She can't play football.
I can jump.
We can swim.
I can fly.
She can draw.
PB p. 104, t.1
· Get Ps to open their PBs on page 104.
· Hold up your PB and explain to Ps that they are going to listen to an audio and say the number of the picture according to what the speaker says.
· Play PB Audio (track Unit-8-Les_9-1 Rev) making pauses and get Ps to listen.
· Ask Ps one by one to say the number of the picture.
I can see three bears.
We can ride bikes.
It can fly.
She is happy.
They can swim.
He is sad.
Let's go to the Zoo.
He cannot climb the tree.
· Hold up your PB and play the audio again pointing to the appropriate picture according to what the speaker says.
· Make pauses for Ps to repeat each line.
PB p.104, t.2
· Draw Ps' attention to the next task.
· Hold up your PB and point to the words and name them. Then ask Ps to have a look at the animals and think what they can do.
· You say a word from the list and Ps make up sentences, e.g. you say, ‘swim’, P1 says, ‘Monkey can't swim', then you say, ‘jump’ and P2 says ‘Monkey can jump’ and so forth.
· You move forward with the line and then switch the animal.
PB p. 105, t.3, 4
· Stick the poster # 31 to the board and ask Ps, ‘How are you? Are you sad or happy?' Encourage Ps to answer using the phrase ‘I am sad/happy.’
· Divide Ps into groups of four and pick a leader in each group and tell that the leaders should conduct a survey. They have to find out how their classmates feel, whether they are sad or happy.
· Use the instructions in Task 4 and help to make a list of Ps. Then ask the leaders to conduct the surveys inside the groups asking the classmates the question ‘How are you today?’ Let Ps answer saying, ‘I am happy/sad.’
· Invite the leaders to the front of the class to demonstrate the results of the survey.
PB p. 105, t. 5
· Get Ps to open their PBs on page 105 and draw their attention to Task 5. Tell Ps that they are going to blend the sounds and read the words.
· You may read the words first and get Ps to repeat after you.
· Then ask volunteers to try to read the words without your support, but help if needed.
· Draw Ps' attention to the next task. Tell them that they are going to read the sentences.
· You may read the sentences first and get your Ps to point to the words in their PBs with their index finger.
· Then ask volunteers to try to read the sentences without your support, but help if needed.
AB p.83, t.1
· Get Ps to open their ABs on page 83.
· Explain to them that they should look at the pictures and think whether they can or can't do the activity that is pictured. Draw their attention to the empty circles near the pictures.
· If a P can do the activity, he/she draws a happy face emoji near the appropriate picture and if he/she can't do the activity then a sad face emoji.